The Aidan Sallie Interview (Carlisle, PA)




Name: Aidan Sallie 

Hometown: Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Height: 6-4

Position: Shooting Guard

High School: Big Spring (PA)

Graduation Class: 2025

AAU Club: Team Pennsylvania 

GPA: 4.1

Status: Uncommitted

NEWVILLE, PA -- Aidan Sallie is a 6-4 Combo Guard from Carlisle, Pennsylvania. He's currently a sophomore at Big Spring High School, and runs with Team Pennsylvania on the AAU circuit. Sallie is also a member of the Bulldogs' baseball program. 

I discovered Sallie from some of his highlights posted on Big Star's YouTube, but most importantly let's talk about his game. The 2025 guard displays a smooth like game, while being able to score at all three levels and bringing team values to any program he steps foot in. Being apart of a young Bulldogs' team this year, he emphasized on showcasing his versatility while putting his leadership to the test. In his sophomore year, Sallie would live up to the challenge by averaging a strong 19.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game. Although, Big Spring didn't qualify for the District 3 playoffs, Sallie was exposed to taking on a scoring role and is more than excited for year three. 

I caught up with the 2025 prospect in an interview on being apart of the Big Spring community, his sophomore campaign and expectations heading into junior year.

AIDAN SALLIE INTERVIEW
When did you first start playing basketball?
  • "I first started playing basketball in second grade for my elementary school. I had still been playing in the driveway before then, and that’s where the love for the game was born. Being a huge college basketball fan, especially for my Tar Heels, my entire life contributed to my love for the game as well."

Describe your game from the skill standpoint.
    • "I think that when put in any position or situation, good or bad, I can find a way to excel in it. I can be a physical big man, grabbing boards and dominating the post. I also think that I can be a floor general, handling the ball with care and making the right passes. Lastly and of course, I am an incredibly skilled and confident shooter from anywhere on the floor."

    How was life growing up in Carlisle?
    • "Growing up, I always wanted to be the guy you know. Scoring all the points and doing it all, but as I grew through middle school I found that the most important thing as a basketball player is finding a way to win. I struggled in middle school with finding what kind of player I was, and didn’t know where to go after my seventh grade year. I had a great eighth grade season under an incredible coach in Bill Owens. I knew I wanted something different though, so with the help of my family and my current head Coach, Jason Creek, I found a new home at Big Spring. A gift this community has given to me."

    How has the experience been at Big Spring the past two years?
    • "Well I love every bit of this small, but strong town here at Big Spring. Everyone is supportive and you can’t help but feel good about everything you do. As far as a basketball player, the experience is unbelievable. The grit and grind of every practice, the excitement after dubs and going to coach and officiate the youth games on Saturdays, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We’ve had back to back 50% plus seasons as a team and personally, I’ve grown so much individually as well."

    You’re still at a very early stage of your career. What kinds of things are you doing to make yourself the best player you can be?
    • "Individually my favorite way to train is flat out just grind with just myself and my coach. Getting shots up, working in the post, on my quickness and everything that comes with it. When the gym doors are shut, I grab a ball and sometimes my brother, Landon and I just play. We compete with one another and always get better. In the end, the guy who gets the most shots up, makes the most in games and I always want to be that guy."

    Who's your favorite basketball player and why?
    • "My favorite basketball player ever is Dirk Nowitzki. Not only because I love Dirk's game and everything about him, but because of the way he handles himself on the court. He is always calm, he is a leader and always wants the ball in his hands at the end of the game. I was born the year he won MVP, but his game is mesmerizing with some of the things he could do."

    Who is your role model?
    • "One of my biggest role models is my coach, Jason Creek. Every day, I strive to be as dedicated, strong willed and caring as him. Whether it’s the long hours watching film after practice, pushing my teammates to be the best we can be, or hanging out watching college sports in our free time, I always love my time with him. He has given me everything I could dream and ask for from a coach."

    As you’re now at the age where you’re starting to look for college opportunities, what do you ideally look for in a college?
    • "I look for somewhere where I can get the education that I need to affect the rest of my life. If I am blessed enough to play in College, I would want to have a coach that pushes me and squeezes the best out of me. I would take the opportunity if given to play almost anywhere though, because of how difficult it is. Education still comes first though, because I value my future and I pride myself in being a great student."

    What are your expectations heading into junior year?
    • "Getting back to districts. Unfortunately this year's team broke the District streak, but we are going to get back. That is undoubtedly the number one goal for next year as a team, and once we get there the next step is getting that win. That feeling is something I want to have and we are going to make it happen. Individually, I think that next year I want to average 20 plus points, which will come with reaching the 1000 point mark. Also, I am looking forward to gaining some of the middle schoolers from the undefeated junior high Team. We should have some good youth to add to our aging team."

    Thank you Aidan for taking the time to talk with me this morning. Do you have any words of encouragement or motivation for people? Any last words?
    • "I always like to say and have the mindset of never regretting decisions. Live with the decisions that you make, and squeeze every positive thing you can out of it. You never know how your attitude can affect the person next to you. Especially in a room full of people you are close to in a team."





    2022-2023 Big Spring Boys Basketball team

    Media Coverage on Aidan Sallie



    Twitter @AidanSallie