The Adam Lukosevicius Interview (England)

 

Name: Adam Lukosevicius

Hometown: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, England

Height: 6-3

Position: Point Guard

High School: Barking Abbey School

Graduation Class: 2025

Club Name: Barking Abbey 

Status: Uncommitted

WISBECH, ENGLAND -- Adam Lukosevicius is a 6-3 Point Guard from England. He's a rising junior and transfer at the Barking Abbey School. Lukosevicius is the first England player of the spring period, who I discovered from his sophomore season tape
I caught up with the 2025 prospect on life growing up in England, his sophomore campaign and preparation heading into next season. Lukosevicius has a bright future ahead!

Adam Lukosevicius Interview
When did you first start playing basketball?
  • "I first started playing basketball when I was 12 years old. I had never taken an interest in the sport. I had been playing football since I was 5 years old up until this point. I joined the school team and was the worst player. I really enjoyed the sport, and became motivated to become the best player on the team. This was the point when I would start waking up early before school to go shoot shots at the park, and at home. When I wasn’t playing basketball, I would see so many stories about players like Kobe sharing their journey, and what it took to get to where they are. From there I was inspired to pursue basketball."

Describe your game from the skill standpoint.
  • "My three point shooting is definitely one of my strong points as I would say. I’m a consistent shooter from behind the arch. My ball handling and body control is good, and I’m able to penetrate into the paint at will and able to finish strong. Also, leading to good open looks for my teammates. My passing ability is good and paired with my IQ, it allows me to help the team run efficiently on offence and create good shots. My defence is good, but one of my weaker points right now. It’s quickly improving and will only get better from now."

How was life growing up in South England?
  • "Life in general was good. My school was good, and I've been living a normal happy and healthy lifestyle. I would say the one of the downsides of living in a area like Wisbech is that it’s quite isolated. Additionally, one is deprived from opportunities in basketball and life in general. For this reason, I don’t even go to school in Wisbech and if I did, I wouldn’t be where I am with my basketball right now. Wisbech as a area isn’t the best and is rated in the top 50 worst places to live in the UK. For me, it was not bad at all."

How was your past season?
  • "The season didn’t go exactly as planned. We aimed for first place, but only reached fourth. It's disappointing, but I see it all as a lesson and learning experience. As a team, we improved greatly and even got an opportunity to fly out to Lithuania to compete in an international tournament. For me the biggest take from it was that I can compete with some of the best competition in Europe, which was huge for me. I also managed to prove myself playing up age groups in the U18 and U19 groups and performed well."

You’re still at a very early stage of your career. What kinds of things are you doing to make yourself the best player you can be?
  • "Right now I have team practice twice a week for both U16 and U18. In my own time, I take my schedule seriously. I always start my day with a cold shower. I find this helps me stays disciplined, and sets me up well for the day. Every day before school, I go to my local gym and workout for an hour. After if I don’t have team training, I will get another on court workout in then a weight session. I try to balance my diet well to meet my needs as a athlete. Before I go to bed, I like to do a lot of yoga as I find it helps me settle down for the night, and boosts my recovery. When I’m off school, if I don’t have a game I go work with skills trainer, Kendel Glapion. If not I like to schedule two on court workouts into my day. I also try to have one day week of active recovery letting my body rest, so I can perform at my best. I find that the habits that I've built and other habits I’m building will help me develop into the best player i can be."
Editor's note: This boy does a lot, I got tired reading this *laughs*

Who's your favorite basketball player and why?
  • "I would say I have two. The first one would have to be Kobe Bryant, and simply because of his work ethic and hunger to get better which really inspires me. My second is Cameron Hildreth. This is because he has achieved a lot for where he has come from, and comes from a similar situation to me being a hooper in the UK. He’s still in college, but i’m excited to see how the rest of his career plans out."

Who would you consider as your role model?

  • "It would definitely have to be my dad. He works tireless for me, and my brother to have and continue opportunities. By taking us to the gym at 5 a.m. despite having three hours of sleep, and supporting us with everything we do."

What will the upcoming summer look like for you?
  • "I’m planning on taking myself to join Barking Abbey as soon as I finish school, and train there through out the summer. I’m focusing on improving myself as much as possible this offseason. Putting my head down, and grinding hopefully being able to prove my capability to play in the higher leagues."

What are your expectations heading into next season?
  • "My expectation is to perform to the best of my ability. To hold myself accountable throughout the season, so no matter what happens I can become the best player possible. In terms of goals something that right now seems quite far from reach but definitely not impossible is becoming the EABL league MVP. I need to do everything I can to strive and become this."

Thank you Adam for taking the time to talk with me this morning. Do you have any words of encouragement or motivation for people? Any last words?
  • "Thank you for giving me this opportunity to present myself out there. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it."

Adam Lukosevicius - 2025


2022-2023 King's Lynn U16 team